Pilot and Aviator Watches
Pilot watches are distinguishable by their legible and prominent dials. Designed to be quickly read by pilots, high-contrast hands are paired with a variety of simple dial layouts. The most common dial types are Type A (a 60-minute scale on the perimeter of the dial) and Type B (minutes in increments of 5 on the perimeter and hours measured on an additional inner ring). While many are free of complications, options are now available that include date windows and chronographs. Case diameters average on the large (38mm and up) side. GMT dual time aviator watches are included in this category, as well as watches that feature flight computer functions. Both quartz and automatic movements are common in this style, allowing for a variety of price options.
- 316L Stainless Steel, 42mm diameter (1)
- CuSn8 Bronze, 44mm diameter x 14mm thick. 51mm tip to tip (1)
- PVD Camouflage Stainless steel, 45mm x 12mm. 54.6mm tip to tip (3)
- Stainless steel, 43mm x 13mm thick. 51mm tip to tip (4)
- Titanium Carbide PVD Stainless Steel, 44mm diameter x 14mm thick. 50mm tip to tip (2)
- Titanium Carbide SS, 43mm diameter x 12mm thick. 51mm tip to tip (3)