Seiko SKX009 Divers Watch Strapcode Super-J Louis Edition with a Domed AR Sapphire Crystal #SKX009
The Seiko SKX009* Diver’s Watch is one of the world’s most popular automatic wristwatches. This SKX009 Seiko scuba diver watch has been modded with a Strapcode Super-J "Louis" Bracelet as a custom upgrade to the OEM Seiko bracelet. It also has been upgraded with a domed scratch-resistant, anti-reflective sapphire crystal. Sapphire not only resists scratches, but it also provides a sharper view of the dial and hands. And, it helps keeps the watch looking new over time. There is a bluish hue when viewing the domed crystal at some angles due to the anti-reflective coating used. The SEIKO SKX009 dive watch features Seiko's well proven 7S26 automatic (self-winding) movement with a day and date display. The SKX009 has highly luminous Lumibrite treated hands and markers, a large screw down offset crown, uni-directional bezel, and a solid etched, screw-down case back.
The Strapcode Super-J "Louis" bracelet has several advantages over the stock OEM bracelet on the SKX009. It is all solid links including the end links at the lugs. The links are screwed-in instead of push pins and they are slightly thicker at 3.4mm. The deployant clasp is machined milled from solid 316L stainless steel vs. the Seiko OEM bracelet which is simply stamped steel. The Strapcode deployant clasp also has six fine adjustments (one more than the Seiko OEM bracelet). The Strapcode Super-J "Louis" tapers from 22mm at the lugs to 18mm at the clasp. Overall length is 190mm. Net weight is 93 grams. The bracelet is secured to the SKX009 using a pair of FAT spring bars to eliminate rattle while wearing.
The Sapphire Crystal used in place of the Seiko OEM Hardlex is 3.4mm thick and was professionally installed. The crystal is domed and it has an anti-reflective coating on the bottom.
* Water Resistance - the Seiko SKX009 is an ISO 6425 diver rated to 200M water resistance. Changing the crystal can affect the water resistance of the watch. After modification, every watch has been tested to 100 feet of water resistance, the Swiss standard for water resistance. Additionally, one watch from every batch modified has been tested to 330 feet of water resistance. Island Watch guarantees water resistance during regular recreational use, but is not recommended for scuba diving.
- In stock
- Movement:Seiko 7S26 Automatic (self-winding)
- Case:Brushed stainless steel, 43mm x 13mm thick.
- Back:Engraved screw-in back
- Crystal:Domed, Anti-Reflective Sapphire Mod
- Band:Strapcode Super-J Louis" solid link bracelet, deployant clasp. 22mm."
- Water Resistant:200 meters
- Warranty:2 Years