Seiko Prospex Tuna Dive Watch with Solar Movement and 47mm Case #SNE498This new Seiko dive watch is part of a collection often referred to as the Seiko Tuna. It is a large watch at 47mm that comes with blue shroud to help protect the case and bezel. However it is smaller than some previous Tuna models that were in the 50mm diameter range. It comes with a black silicone dive strap. Includes a date display, super-luminous markers and hands treated with Lumibrite, a black dial, screw down crown, goldtone uni-directional bezel, scratch resistant hardlex crystal, stainless steel back, and a black shroud (or case guard) to protect the case from dings and scratches.
The SNE498 has a Seiko V157 solar powered movement that has a 10 month power reserve when fully charged by light. We suggest giving it a good charge when you first receive the watch. No battery changes are required. The movement accuracy is: +/- 15 seconds per month (between 5°C and 35°C)
The dial design has just one objective; maximum legibility, even deep in the ocean where sunlight does not penetrate. The hour markers are large, so as to allow the maximum surface area and depth for Seiko's Lumibrite coating. The hands, too, are wide and easy to read. The deep grooves in the bezel are designed for easy operation, even when diving gloves are worn. The watch is designed and manufactured to withstand up to 200m going under the water, and is suitable for wearing while scuba diving. The crown has screw-down protection to prevent it from being pulled out by any accidental operation as the water resistance function is secured only when the crown is at its normal position. The precise and secure operation of the uni-directional bezel prevent accidental rotation, so that the time measured is never shorter than the actual elapsed time.
NOTE: The bezel is lumed for the 15 minutes markings. This may be a first for Seiko (lume on the bezel).
- In stock
- Movement:Seiko V157, Solar (solar powered)
- Case:Stainless steel with case guard, 47mm diameter x 12.4mm thick. 47mm tip to tip
- Back:Engraved screw-in back
- Crystal:Hardlex Mineral
- Band:Black Seiko silicone dive strap, buckle closure. 22mm lug
- Water Resistant:200 meters
- Warranty:2 Years
- Solar Diver
- Powered by light energy-no battery change required
- 10-month power reserve once fully charged
- Date calendar
- Screwdown crown and caseback
- One-way rotating elapsed bezel
- LumiBrite hands and markers
- Case diameter: 47.0mm
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- Water Resistance: Diver's Watch to 200 meters (660 feet). Meets ISO standards and is suitable for scuba diving
- Caliber V157
- Silicone strap